1. Exercise – testing the limits of the body & mind. Strenuous exercise pushes us to our limits and forces us to keep moving forward even when we feel like we want to give up – this builds mental toughness over time.
2. Meditation – regularly cleaning our mental hard drives. One thing that’s stopping many of us from acquiring mental toughness is having our minds full of thoughts. Meditation helps us to clear the mind and focus on what we desire.
3. Affirmations – reinforcing positive belief systems. Reciting affirmations out loud every day acts as a subconscious reinforcement of the empowering belief system we want to acquire. For example “I am mentally strong and can do, be or have anything I desire.”
4. Media – feeding ourselves useful information. We can reprogram our minds based on the information we feed them, for example watching motivational videos every day encourages us to take action because we’re feeding ourselves encouragement.
5. Community – like-minded individuals. Surrounding ourselves with people who are trying to achieve similar goals is a great way to keep ourselves focused on the task at hand and have others to relate to when times are hard.
6. Idols – modeling ourselves after the greats. To become like those we admire we must first acquire the mindset that got them to where they are today. We can do this by studying their actions and following them – success leaves clues.
7. Authenticity – prioritising our needs. To build a strong mindset we must be willing to prioritise what we desire over anything else, this means being 100% authentic and saying yes when we want to say yes and no when we want to say no.
8. Knowledge – using the wisdom passed down to us. There are thousands of books on philosophy that we can use to develop a strong mindset, Stoicism is one of the most powerful as it allows us to develop the iron-like will and an inner strength that can see us through our darkest hours.
9. Perseverance – when the going gets tough the tough get going. Refusing to give up in the face of failure is the key component that allows us to build the mental toughness that can see us through any challenge.
The key to success is a strong mindset.
Peace & positive vibes.