9 Excuses You Can Get Rid Of Right Now
1. I don’t have time – make the time. We make time for the things that mean most to us, some great ways of freeing up time would be removing ourselves from negative people, eliminating television and waking up earlier.
2. I don’t have money – what other assets are available? Indeed, money can be a limiting factor but if we don’t have money we have time. Now that we have the internet we can invest our time into acquiring knowledge for free.
3. I’m tired – rest, don’t quit. When we’re tired we must learn to rest, not quit – taking breaks regularly is how we stay consistent instead of trying to do too much too soon. We must remember to pace ourselves – life is a marathon, not a sprint.
4. I don’t know how – learn how. There’s never been a better time to want to learn a skill because there are thousands of people all over the world teaching skills for free on YouTube. The question is are we prepared to put in the work?
5. My parents/significant other won’t let me – nobody has a gun to our heads. We all have to make choices, but at the end of the day it is our choices that make us and we have to be able to live with ourselves for making these choices. Sure, we can blame others for steering us in the wrong direction – but we are the ones who have chosen to obey them.
6. What will people say? – their opinions are irrelevant. The only opinion we need to care about is our own, we must ask ourselves “can I live with myself if I don’t achieve these goals?”. When we act in the interest of others we become their prisoner and life’s too short to limit ourselves for others.
7. What if I fail? – the only true failures are giving up and not starting. Time spent deliberating whether or not we’ll “fail” is time that could have been invested in creating the success we desire. Life is a contact sport we can choose to spectate or get in the game.
8. I’m not good enough – practice makes better. Babies have a hard time learning how to walk, but they stick with it and keep getting back up when they fall down. This is the mentality we must adopt if we’re going to get better at our chosen craft.
9. It’s taking too long – be patient, greatness takes time. There’s no such thing as instant gratification when it comes to long-term fulfillment because anything worth having never comes easy and anything that comes easy isn’t worth having.
There is nothing but you standing in the way of your success.
Peace & positive vibes.
Check out today’s episode of Drive Time –