1. Negative people – misery loves company. Some people have given up on their dreams and watching others live theirs causes them to reflect on their own decisions which they find uncomfortable and hence why they try to stop others from winning. We must be aware that we become the average of the people we spend the most time with and choose our inner circle wisely.
2. Limiting beliefs – false narratives embedded in the mind. Limitations exist within the mind and this is why we must identify limiting beliefs when they arise and work through them. One example is “I’m not good enough” this is a limiting belief but it can be reprogrammed when we work on our skills to get better over time.
3. Ignorance – not wanting to work on our flaws. True wisdom is knowing the extent of one’s own ignorance, in order to be able to overcome our flaws we must be willing to look within ourselves. We must acknowledge things such as “I have the tendency to be lazy” and work on ourselves so that these flaws do not limit us.
4. Excuses – justifying why we aren’t taking action. Excuses sound best to those who are making them and this is just not good enough when we’re seeking to create change in our lives. “I’m tired, I’m cold, It’s too late” these are all excuses we can throw out the window if we want to start taking action today.
5. Conditioning – believing what we’re told. The society we live in does not encourage us to think for ourselves – it indoctrinates us with belief systems that don’t serve us from birth. It is up to us to reprogram our minds and decondition ourselves to be able to create the reality we desire – check out How To Leave The Matrix for more info.
6. Consumption – overloading our senses. Today there are a plethora of distractions on offer – TV, video games, drugs, sex, food – when we overindulge in these activities we take our focus away from ourselves and this causes us to continue to seek temporary pleasure to be comfortable with where we’re at instead of taking action.
7. Instant gratification – wanting things right now. Many of us give up on working toward our goals because the results have not yet manifested. We must keep in mind that anything worth having doesn’t come easy and anything that comes easy isn’t worth having – this is the concept of deferred gratification.
Our thoughts, beliefs & actions create the reality we’re experiencing.
Peace & positive vibes.