1. It takes time. The process of accepting ourselves doesn’t happen overnight, it is completely dependent on how we behave & think. If we are committed to the path of spiritual growth we must approach it with a long-term mindset.
2. We need to be patient with ourselves. It can be frustrating to revisit old memories and judge ourselves for what we should or shouldn’t have done. We must accept that we cannot turn back the clock and the only place where change can take place is in the present moment.
3. Making peace with the past requires perspective. To truly accept past events we must adopt the perspective of pronoia – the idea that the universe is conspiring to help us. If the deck is stacked in our favour that means all of our past experiences have happened to make us better.
4. Living in the now. Often times when we reflect on the past it can cause us to lose sight of where we are right now – we’re still alive and that means we have the opportunity to create the reality we desire.
5. Gratitude is the best attitude. Our most powerful ally on our spiritual journey is gratitude, it gives us the ability to shift our focus from the negative to the positive.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.
Peace & positive vibes.