5 Powerful Self-Love Practices To Improve Your Mental Health
1. Meditation – making time to be present with ourselves. Being present with ourselves during meditation allows us time to disconnect from the illusion of “problems” and gain perspective. A regular meditation practice has countless benefits which all contribute to positive changes in our state of mind.
2. Exercise – moving into the body. The body is the subconscious mind, therefore the problems we experience in the mind can be worked out through the body. Exercise is a great way of releasing the energy stored in pent-up emotions – once this energy leaves the body we feel better mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.
3. Love – doing what we love. One of the most significant contributing factors to poor mental health is doing something we hate for money. Sacrificing our whole lives just to pay bills is an existence, we came here to live which involves doing the things we love. Life’s too long to do what we hate every day and too short to miss out on what we love.
4. Community – spending time with people we love. We take on energy from those we spend time with, this is why we must be highly selective when it comes to deciding who we want around us. Surrounding ourselves with people who love us and support our growth will improve our mental health and encourage us to succeed in other areas of our lives.
5. Nature – filling the subconscious with peace. The man-made environments we live in can interfere with the relationship we have with ourselves. This is why it’s absolutely essential we disconnect from technology regularly to tune back into ourselves. There may be no wifi in nature, but we’re guaranteed to find a better connection.
The root of all suffering is a lack of self-love.
Peace & positive vibes.